- All the Bonafide students, faculty & supporting staff members, visiting lecturers of Govt. Polytechnic, Pen are eligible to be members of the library.
- A reader shall not write upon, underline, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Books borrowed from the readers are not transferable and borrowers are responsible for what every borrow. They must verify the documents in good condition before leaving the library.
- Readers shall maintain perfect order and silence in the library.
- User shall keep his personal belongings such as brief cases, boxes, handbags, umbrellas etc. on the wooden rack. It is not allowed to take inside the library.
- The Principal has a right to suspend membership / privileges forthwith in case of misconduct or indecent behavior.
- Every user shall return library books issued to him on or before the due date. In case the due date happens to be an holiday, the books may be returned on the succeeding working day.
- A reader shall return the books to the library immediately on receipt of a reminder, if the books are in demand by other readers.
- Every individual entering the library must possess a valid Library Identity Card of the current year. The library identity card shall be produced as and when they are demanded by any of the library staff when they are in the library.
- Library books will be issued to the regular students only during working days between 10.0 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Loan privileges:
- Only one book will be issued to the student on production of Identity card, which is not transferable. The library cards will be returned to the students when the book is returned. It is the responsibility of the student to collect the library card. In case the library card is lost the same should be reported to the library on writing. A duplicate library card will be issued on payment of Rs.10/-
- A book must be returned within seven days from the days of issue or earlier if called for by the librarian. If student fails to return the book within the time limit a fine of Rs.1/- per day will be charged.
- Student will receive books under BOOK BANK SCHEME on loan basis to paying charges as per given below. Student should return all books received under the book bank scheme before theory exam. In this connection any further notice will not be declared.
- The books from reference section are only meant for on department consultation and normally are not issued.
- In case a book is lost, the borrower shall be required either to replace it with the same / latest edition of the book or to pay the price plus 20% library charges.
- Issue of Periodicals
Members will be divided in the following categories.
|Sr. No.||Categories of members||No. of Books||Period of Loan|
|1||Bonafide student||01||one week|
|2||Teaching staff||10-15||one semester|
|3||Non teaching staff||05||one month|
|4||Visiting Lecturer||05||one semester|
|Category||Charges of book|
|SC / ST||Free of cost|
|DT / NT / VJ / SBC||5% of book price|
|OBC / OPEN||10% of book price|
- Current issues of journals will not be issued.
- Loose issued of old journals may be issued for short duration for faculty members.
- Faculty member will be entitled for two issues of old journals at a time in addition the book.
- If a loose issue of journals is lost or badly damaged by any member, he will be required to replace the issue or pay the price plus 20% library charges